Our top priority is to bring together authoritative journalism with the best reader experience possible, in a seamless way across all of platforms. We’ve already made improvements to our mobile and article pages. Significant changes to our mobile and desktop homepages are coming soon.
Here are just some of the improvements we’re making, and how they benefit the reader:
• Access the news faster – Improved page load speeds of almost 50% produces a frictionless experience and is also mindful of audience data costs.
• Bring the latest news forward first – Newest stories rise to the top of every section page while older stories fall below.
• Reader-centric designs – Increased font size on article pages improves readability and also meets with the latest accessibility standards.
• Refined focus and reduced page clutter – An easily accessible and improved colour palette and a simplified page design with a focus on delivering the content first.
• A deeper understanding of connected stories – Our new homepage will reflect a better synthesis of content by grouping topics with opinion pieces, explainers and analysis.